Looking for casinos in New Orleans? New Orleans was once the capital of gambling in the United States, in the early 1800s when the Mississippi River was a main thoroughfare for traders and merchants flush with cash. Today, the city is still a hotbed of gaming action as the home of a riverboat casino, a world-class horse racetrack, and Louisiana's only land-based private casino with table games. If you're coming to the Big Easy, get the best rates on French Quarter hotels and other New Orleans hotels on NewOrleans.com.and make time for the high stakes action at any New Orleans gambling venue.
TasteNewOrleans.com - Copyright 2010
Our Partners - CabbageBall.org - NolaConcierge.com - NewOrleansShuttle.com - MardiGrasMetairie.com - KingCakesofNewOrleans.com - NewOrleansHost.org - SugarBowlConcierge.com - MetairieBookkeeping.com - MetairieFlooring.com - ExtremeElegance.com -
Designed by EE, Powered by EE
TasteNewOrleans.com - Casinos - The Fair Grounds New Orleans
Fair Grounds Race Course, often known as New Orleans Fair Grounds, is a thoroughbred racetrack and racino in New Orleans, Louisiana. It is operated by Churchill Downs Louisiana Horseracing Company, LLC. In 1852 Union Race Course, which today is the site of Fair Grounds, was laid out on Gentilly Road in New Orleans, thus making it the oldest site of racing in America still in operation.

In 2009, the Horseplayers Association of North America introduced a rating system for 65 Thoroughbred racetracks in North America. Of the top Fifteen, New Orleans Fair Grounds was ranked #12, behind Evangeline Downs in Opelousas, Louisiana, which was ranked #6.
The Fair Grounds New Orleans
New Orleans Hotels
New Orleans Transportation
New Orleans Restaurants
New Orleans Tours
Sometimes referred to as the "New Orleans Fair Grounds", the track was initially opened as the "Union Race Course" in 1852. The track closed in 1857 due to competition from the Metairie Course. In 1859 the track was renamed the "Creole Race Course." In 1863, the name was changed again to the "Fair Grounds" and racing was conducted during the Civil War. The track consists of a one mile dirt track and a seven furlong turf oval. In addition to the grandstand and clubhouse, an adjacent building opened and on November 14, 2008, the new slot-machine facility opened for operation.